Thursday 9 November 2017

Not NaNo 9 November 9

OK I’ll be honest with you. Tonight I’m starting late and I’m really not going to make anything like the word count I need to keep up even as far as I already am behind. So tonight might be a bit of a write off. What I really need though is a write in!  I should be writing about is Sheffield. On my way home from work I was composing in my head. It was a couple of short paragraphs about the city and it really didn’t have much to do with my writing life (which is what I’ve decided to call this epic). 

I went swimming tonight. In spite of Nano I have a life. (I can hear shouts of ‘sacrilege’ in the distance)  I’m also trying to cook a chicken, and it still has half an hour to go so theoretically I should be able to write for that long – which is worth a good few words if I just keep going but I won’t. I know that. I have to clear up after dinner and pour myself the rest of my drink and I also have the TV on – watching a recording, But I still need to manage it.

Of course, every word counts. And I plan to spend a deal of time writing this weekend so I should be able to get caught up ad in front, but I’m making no promises. I also have to go Christmas shopping, not to mention pressie wrapping because otherwise I won’t get my advent calendars done in time. I must be insane to set myself these challenges. It’s a bit of a telling point that I still feel the need to do tis NaNo ting even though my life is already packed at this time of year.

Writng is not just what I do, it’s who I am. I can’t imagine a time when I didn’t write. If it suddenly became illegal to write I think I’d die. (There’s possibly a potential NaNo novel in tat idea. Suppose one day in a dystopian future that writing was made illegal. What would happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment